Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blows the dust off

Still love President Obama. :D

Um, no one has to pay any attention to this, I swear. :)) Once more my enthusiasm has been spiked by something and feel the need to track 'stuff' in one place instead of on three programs and a calendar. Oy. I've decided to run a half-marathon around this time next year. Actually, I'm hoping for September and not October, as it was chilly out there this morning.

http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm seems to be a good training link.
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244-258-6851-0,00.html as well.
I've already done the Couch to 5K successfully and am running 5K at least twice a week.

There is a trail that starts near my house and goes for 10.2K. To the trail, do the trail and back, and then to my house is 13.2 miles, a half marathon. That's my goal.

Today: Decided to train for a half marathon. Actual training will start in May or June, but I'm going to keep up my fitness level and improve upon it during the winter using the Y, and various at home tools like the wii and free weights and walking several times a week with S, my neighbour. Also, used NEW SNEAKERS today, yay!!

Milage: 5.75K, intervals today. -1C when I left, just above when I got home. The other runners looked warmer than me. Note: get a hat.

~*~*~*~

Knitting happily on a sweater (Sylvi), legwarmers and a sock. Still spinning L's bday present (June. I'm late. God.) Looking forward to the spinning retreat at the end of the month.

~*~*~*~

Happy Thanksgiving!

~*~*~*~

Missing Jackie. We need tea and chat and knitting. OHHHH! Jackie! Run with me next spring and summer! We'll half-marathon together. :D hehehehe

~*~*~*~

Yard work tomorrow, putting everything to bed for the winter.

1 comment:

Chris Owen said...

Also, to avoid jumping back and forth between accounts (*eyeroll*) I added my primary google account here, so posts will come up as being added by Chris.

It's hard being three or nine people.