Friday, October 16, 2009

La La La

Today was spent with words and ideas. Which, you know, is a great way to spend a day. It was capped off with art, the Lieutenant Governor (who was very gracious and my children were awesome, and I didn't make any social blunders and he complimented my time for the Run for the Cure. We had a far ranging conversation. :)) ) and best of all I got to hug Jackie and Whitefeather. It's been so long since I've seen Jackie; my heart aches sometimes when I realize that yet again we've let entire months go by without a little sit and chatter. Still, she knows I love her madly. :D WF is looking even more lovely than ever, and I got to introduce my children to a few more artists. They're getting so good at this show opening thing; they're even taking long looks at the art and not just the snack table.

I'm trying to decide when to join the Y for the winter; I keep holding off, because I love running outside. I have a feeling that the treadmill isn't going to be anywhere near as satisfying. Still, there's something to be said for not freezing and for having weight machines right there. Maybe at the start of November, after the Spinner's Retreat. Oh, dear. I'm going to miss my long run that weekend. Hmmm. Maybe I can do it Friday morning. I'll have to adjust my walking with my neighbour to get it in.

Yesterday at the studio was a success with paints; I'm working on an experiment. If it works, Lorna's Christmas present will be done way before her birthday gift. I need to buy fluid acrylics soon. Oh budget. Le Sigh.

Today's craft was... uh, not. But I did name all but one of the characters in a novel I want to someday write. Score?

Steampunk World's Fair. Rhinbeck. Virginia. California. Oh, the places I want to go. I have the heart of a gyspy, sucked into a homebody's soul. I long for a nice long train ride.

Going to the fabric store tomorrow; I have pants to modify with lacing and ribbons.

No comments: