Friday, February 29, 2008

February....

Forgive me the randomness....

I'm busy. I'm happily busy, for I have the best job ever. But I am busy, which makes me tired and short-tempered sometimes. I am also feeling the weight of winter pretty steadily now, even though the days are getting longer. It started snowing at the start of November and didn't stop -- and now my husband says we're to get another 20cm tomorrow.

Seriously.

Then I remind myself that it *is* only February, even if it is the last day in an long February. That means that our true, honestly nice spring weather is still a full two months away.

Long winter, and it's heavy.

I'm heavy. I've gained a lot of weight this winter (because I stopped trying to kill myself slowly, it's been pointed out) but I'm looking old and my clothes don't fit and damn it, I have a ten year old. I'm allowed to look like this. But I don't feel good in my skin, so something must change.

I seem to have given up my coffee addiction, entirely by accident and without wanting to. We're going to try a different brand to see if I like it better. I wish I could give up my sugar addiction. That would be good.

KnitPicks Harmony tips (in three sizes and two long cord lengths) did not arrive in the mail today; maybe Monday. That gives me the weekend to write; maybe by Monday I'll have time to cast on the sleeves for Luca. And maybe by next week that damn boat from China will get to port and KnitPicks will have the case so I can order the Options set.

CanKnitian lost her grampie and that makes me sad. :( Hey, Jen, if you see this -- When she gets home I'd love it if the three of us could find time to hang out and knit and share tea. Ohhhhhhhh Jackie! You too! You'd love these ladies. *pushes her people togther*

I keep thinking about having dinner last week with John and how amazing it was to catch up. We broke time. And he's read three of my stories since then -- for a straight guy that's pretty freaking cool. Plus, it means a lot to me because... well, it does. John's a reader. He's a bud. And it means a lot to me that he sees the story value there and found nice things to say about my writing. Seriously, I need to buy him beer. Soon.

.....man, if I live through March I'm totally making people meet me somewhere for drinks.

back to work....

7 comments:

Tory Temple said...

.....man, if I live through March I'm totally making people meet me somewhere for drinks.

The South Pacific?

B said...

You know it, baybee. With umbrella drinks, surfers, and nothing else. Well, with cheese, but that goes without saying.

Anonymous said...

Why wait 'til past March for drinks? I'm in. I'm free this weekend, by the way. When does CanKnitian get home?

B said...

I'm not sure, but she's going to call me or send me a message. I'll be in touch as soon as that happens to coordinate something.

March: I have a novel and three short stories to write, three stories to read for typos before submitting and a novel back from my editor that I have to edit before March 13. It is going to be my most intense month this year, so I have huge plans for relaxing when I survive. ;-)

This weekend I'm hoping to do the first drafts on all three stories. *works madly*

Anonymous said...

Ah, that explains it! Yup, you need some drinks, and I'd meet you in the South Pacific if I could! *sigh* That sounds great...

Jackie said...

Count me in on any South Pacific adventure!

Unknown said...

April in Pitt? I'll buy you the biggest beer you ever saw. I promised Bird one, too, so we're definitely going to have a good night. Of course, I'll have to be the designated driver... ;-)