Monday, February 04, 2008

knit knit knit

I'm so excited. I'm actually getting little flashes of quivering and making high pitched squeaky noises.

My yarn came in and I got it on Saturday.

Yes, more yarn. But it's special yarn, you see. I've treated myself. A few weeks ago Loopy and I went to Triniteas for tea and knitting. On the way there I popped into Singer and picked up a pattern book of Louisa Harding's, Venezia. Then I got online, scoped yarn and had Trish order me in the Real Deal. Actual Louisa Harding yarn. I've never before used the suggested yarn, I've always gone for the cheaper option.

And now, I'm eight inches into the back of this, using the same yarn:


eeeee!

Sorry, there's that squeak again.

It's so pretty!

I've also finally gotten everything together to use my dyes! Mask, syringes, jars.... I may need measuring spoons and I need to actually make my box -- I have the box and the plastic, just need to do it. SO EXCITED. Gah.

My world is all fibery. Yay!

One more. Okay, four:

By me: (uh, red, sun yellow and national blue. nothing fancy, just a pound of Shetland/merino. I think it'll be a pullover for the boy, if he wants. if not, I'll weave it.)



And this was dyed by the Yarn Wench. It's Falkland and great to spin! Lynn does some awesome stuff, check her out. This one is called Tropical Holiday 1.

8 comments:

Leigh said...

Hi. I found my way to your blog via a link from Jackie's. I couldn't resist commenting on your dyeing. Gorgeous!

B said...

Hi Leigh! Welcome to my learning experience. ;-) Jackie's teaching me SO much -- how to dye, how to weave, how to not bother controlling myself when confronted with masses of fiber to play with...

I should edit my post: I did the first roving up there (the primary colours) but the second was actually dyed by the Yarn Wench. She does *amazing* stuff, and the Falkland is a dream to spin.

Anonymous said...

Yay for actual yarn!! Are you knitting it in the same colour as well? It's going to be beautiful! Your spinning is gorgeous too. I have to stay away from you when you're spinning. I don't need another hobby to rub off onto me! It's dangerous for my wallet...but I feel the pull... Ack!

B said...

I am! It's such a pretty, girly colour, very rose and mossy green. I'm in love with it; it's got a third strand that's glittery gold and gives the whole thing a kind of shimmer.

We should get together soon -- If not this weekend (which actually looks really busy for me) than maybe next. We'll talk. :-)

Auntie Pooh said...

*grins*

fyi - Trent's got a new album out in 2 weeks and I started crocheting the second ugliest afghan on earth (the first is on the sofa)

B said...

ohhhhh My boy has new music. Uhn. I'll be poking you for the release date!

Unknown said...

I have to giggle at AP's comment - trying to tie together Trent and the second ugliest afghan on earth... *snerk*

That sweater is so pretty! I can't wait to see you IN it. :D

Anonymous said...

You've been given an award...and tagged for a meme! Please see my blog for the details. :)