Tuesday, January 22, 2008

5:30 am

(which it is not, any longer)

Jean gets up at 5:30 am to write. I get up at 5:30 because someone is throwing up. Ah, life. How exciting you are. What with the husband being out of town from Sunday to Saturday, Scarlet Fever in the school (in the boy's class) and then waking me with said son doing that complicated thing on the toilet where it's coming out all over and he had to pick which mommy was cleaning up in the dark and cold.

Thank god he picked right.

So he came to bed with me where we lay awake until the alarm went off. He's now playing video games, totally okay for the moment and the girl is at school.

I'm behind on my work for the week already and it's not even 8:30 on Tuesday.

I better be getting good presents from the business trip.

I have childcare for this evening lined up so I can go to yoga and now I don't know what to do. :( I mean, I really want to go. And he seems fine. But... I can't really ask someone to watch my kid when he's possibly ill. Life. I suppose all I can do is wait and see. I'll see her at 2 PM anyway, and if he hasn't thrown up again, still has no fever and is still perky, I'll tell her what happened and let her decide.

Maybe it was just something he ate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something he ate. That. Stick with that one.

Unknown said...

Medicate the hell out of him and go. If he's asleep, he won't be difficult. It sounds tummy buggish from here.

Unknown said...

Ha! I only get up at 5:30am to write when I have to write 15K in a weekend and still be a mommy and a partner and Get Things Done.

Otherwise, I sleep at 5:30am thankyouverymuch.

*big hugs* to you and the boy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I hope he's okay now. Wait a minute,....Scarlet Fever???

B said...

He's not -- he threw up at school this morning and I had to pick him up before nine. *sigh*

And yes, -- can you believe it?? Scarlet Fever! It's out of a Victorian novel.