I had a rough autumn. At one point I wasn't sleeping well for a month, I'd lost a friend and then my Brain (Jean, for those not in the know) and I had a miscommunication. Mercury was in retrograde and while I knew, even as I was losing my marbles at my dear friend that it would be okay -- she's my BRAIN and I can say ANYTHING to her and she'll still love me (it's totally cool to be annoyed with friends. It happens. I know I've peeved her off before but we love each other and we get through stuff. wow. babble.) -- it was still the capper on a yucky time. Things were solved within the hour, as I knew it would be. We were having a miscommunication and that was all.
A week later I opened the door to find 18 roses. These ones:

They made me cry. I called her up at work in NJ and blubbered at her. :D They lasted a really long time and then I hung then upside down in my kitchen for a month. My husband repeatedly bonked his head on them, but they dried up so nicely and are now part of my space. I'll take a photo of the dried bouquet (minus one red rose which went to a young man named Alex -- don't ask) but for now... This one is my favourite:

1 comment:
*sniff*
Oh man, you made me cry.
Love you. And I love that dried purpose rose. Wow!
Post a Comment